Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Why Is My Computer Slow At Loading?

Is your computer slow at loading nowadays, when it was working perfectly well a couple of days ago? I remember when I had this problem some months ago, when my computer suddenly processes and loads really slowly for seemingly no reason. I got so worried when I realized this problem, and thought I might have to replace my PC with a new one.

1. Reasons For Computer To Slow Down

One of the main reasons why your computer can slow down after a prolonged period of use is due to errors in the registry. This is the area where your computer stores all the software and hardware instructions to run correctly. Over time, the number of errors or bad entries will accumulate in the registry if it is not maintained often.

2. How To Fix The Registry?

If you have the technical experience with cleaning registries, you can clean it yourself, but do be careful because moving the wrong entries can be fatal to the system.

3. Download A Cleaner Software

For a much safer and faster way to clean up your registry, you should download a registry cleaner to scan and fix your PC. Even with a cleaning software, you should still be careful to backup your original settings, just in case something goes wrong during the repair process. The software that I use provides this safety feature that allows me to backup all my settings before running the repair.

Using such software allows you to clean your registry even if you do not have any technical experience. It is a handy tool to maintain your PC and ensure that you have an optimized computer all the time.

4. Functions Of A Registry Cleaner

The software will run a free scan on your PC after you have downloaded it. It then displays to you the number of errors found in your registry, and then categorizes them into their type of errors.

After the scan, you should do a backup before proceeding to run the fix. The whole process took a little over 10 minutes for my computer, but it may be faster or slower based on the number of errors found. In my case, there were about 200 errors found in my registry when I ran the scan. After the fixing process, I was prompted to restart my computer. The startup speed of my computer was significantly faster afterwards, and my PC was running like new again.

5. Conclusion

To be able to cure your slow computer, you need to discover the real causes of your slow computer. It is best to get scanning software to find all the problems on your computer before deciding on the best course of action. Unless you have technical experience with fixing a computer, you should not attempt to do this on your own. You can visit my website link at the end of this article to download the cleaner that I used to repair my computer.

By Austin Porter

Are you looking to speed up your slow computer? Read the author's review of the Best Registry Cleaners on the market now at http://www.review-best.com/registry-cleaner.htm and completely clean up your computer registry in 2 minutes!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Austin_Porter

No comments: